Who knew a sub sandwich could help save a life? Firehouse Subs Corporation has the recipe and has been helping save lives for the past 19 years by giving back a part of their proceeds to help fund local fire, EMS and police departments.
Firehouse Subs was founded in 1995 by brothers Chris and Robin Sorensen. Their mission was to serve the best hot sub sandwiches’, while giving back to the community. With family ties to the EMS world, they decided that a portion of the money they made would go towards helping the local communities purchase AEDs and defibrillators, which in return would make the community a safer place to live.
In 2005, Firehouse Subs created the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation with the mission of providing funding, life-saving equipment, and educational opportunities to first-responders and public safety organizations. Through the non-profit 501(c)(3), Firehouse Subs has given $12 million to hometown heroes in 42 states and Puerto Rico. There are now over 800 Firehouse locations across the country and below are some ways in which YOU can help save a life.
Get Fully Involved! Be a Hero. Donate Today.
• In-restaurant Donation Canisters – Drop your spare change into the acrylic donation canister between the registers at any Firehouse Subs restaurant.
• Round Up – “Round Up” your credit card or cash purchase to the nearest dollar every time you visit a Firehouse Subs.
• Pickle Buckets – Purchase a recycled five-gallon pickle bucket for only $2 each. All proceeds benefit Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation. Use the pickle buckets for painting, gardening, washing the car, or anything else you can think of.
• Public Safety Campaign – Support Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation by purchasing a $1 or $5 medallion from any Firehouse Subs restaurant.
• Firehouse Subs Men’s Doubles Tennis Tournament – This three-day tennis tournament in Jacksonville, Florida is the largest amateur men’s doubles tennis tournament of its kind in Northeast Florida, attracting players regionally, nationally and worldwide.
• Pond Charity Golf Classic – This unique golfing experience kicks off the start of the Murray Bros. Caddyshack® Charity Golf Tournament. The success of this tournament has made it possible for the Foundation to donate more than $940,000 to public safety organizations along Florida’s first coast.
• Murray Bros. Caddyshack® Charity Golf Tournament – Join the Murray brothers and celebrities from across the country for golf, parties and just plain fun. For the fifth consecutive year, proceeds from the tournament will benefit Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation.
By Shane Burton
Fire/EMS/Police Account Representative