Welcome to the 2nd Life Series® brought to you by AED.com and 2nd Life Biomedical®
In today’s economic climate, more and more decision makers are considering the purchase of used equipment in lieu of new. AED.com feels pre-owned equipment is an excellent alternative for most, if not all, customers in all markets. We know that you must be certain that you can depend on this equipment as if it were new, and you deserve the same, new-purchase support from the company you buy from. But how can you tell if you are getting a quality device from an established, experienced and fully-insured company?
There are many companies that sell refurbished equipment. But what does “refurbished” actually mean? Is the device simply wiped down and turned on to see if it is functional? Or is it put through the same rigorous testing that it goes through at the manufacturer, by factory-certified technicians, to ensure it meets the exact specifications that were required of it when it came off the assembly line?
With AED.com 2nd Life Series®, you can rest assured that your device does not fall under the loose definition of “refurbished”, but is actually completely re-certified to adhere to all of the manufacturer guidelines and specifications. Here are a few key benefits of the 2ndLife Series® devices that distinguish AED.com from other resellers in the marketplace:
Each AED goes through an extremely thorough 11-Point Inspection Process before it can be called a "2nd Life Series" AED:
11-Point AED Checklist
- AED will be upgraded to current AHA guidelines (if upgrade available from manufacturer)
- Each unit is connected to a new Fluke Impulse 7000 defibrillator analyzer to simulate a shockable rhythm, and 3 shocks are delivered to assure the joule output is within FDA guidelines
- All device and performance information is recorded and stored in both electronic and paper form
- Visual inspection to ensure AED is in acceptable cosmetic condition
- Device is thoroughly and meticulously cleaned (think Q-tips and toothpicks)
- AED is accessorized and made patient-ready with electrodes and batteries installed
- AED is turned on to initiate self-test that assures it is ready to be used in a rescue
- Battery and Pad expiration dates are recorded to ensure you are notified 60 days before your accessories require replacement (end user ultimately responsible for replacement)
- Packing slip is hand ‘checked’ to ensure all items are included
- Order is professionally packed in accordance to Fedex/UPS regulations
- AED tracing is submitted to the manufacture in accordance with FDA regulations
• Only factory-trained technicians test and maintain our 2nd Life Series devices. While many biomedical technicians are capable of working on a wide array of
equipment, we have invested the time, money and effort to get our technicians trained and certified at the manufacturer’s factory. These include Physio-Control,
Zoll Medical, GE Healthcare, Welch Allyn, and South Pacific Biomedical.
• AED.com only uses current, state-of-the-art testing equipment from Fluke and BCI to scrutinize how each parameter of your device performs. These devices are
regularly calibrated and maintained according to the factory recommendations. Your tested device will include a calibration sticker attached to the device and a
results sheet for your records at your request.
• When you purchase a used car, you don’t want to feel or appear like it is used. The same goes for your medical equipment. Your 2nd Life Series device is
painstakingly detailed (think Q-Tips and toothpicks) to ensure your device is as close to out-of-the-box new in appearance as possible. We then put only new
electrodes and batteries on every device (something not all resellers do).
• AED.com carries full liability coverage that extends to the equipment we sell. We have carried this coverage since we were founded in 1999, without ever filing a
claim. We take the re-certification process seriously and you can count on us to treat your device as if our own lives depended on it.
• AED.com is an authorized distributor in good standing for every line we carry. Want proof that we know what we are doing? We will be glad to put you in touch with a
representative from the company that makes the device you are considering purchasing.
As you can see, selling pre-owned medical equipment is a serious business and deciding on which company to purchase from is a vital decision. If peace of mind and premium re-certified equipment are priorities of yours, look no further for a partner in your purchasing decision. 2nd Life Series. ONLY from AED.com.